Monday, November 14, 2011

monday's musings: the happy-birthday-Dad edition


Meet my Dad.

It was his birthday last week. So, this week's monday's musings will be in his honor.

The man you see pictured above is everything a good great dad should be and I am so grateful that he is mine.

Things I love about my Dad:
-He is funny. In that super corny dad way... but he still makes me laugh. Like the time he spilled frozen peas all over the floor and responded with "Who Peed on the floor?" 
-Sometimes our musical tastes overlap... not always (i.e. Ted Nugent). But, when they do... its AWESOME. He has also introduced me to some pretty magical artists (i.e. Jonny Lang, Rascal Flatts, John Mayer, Colbie Caillat... to name a few)
-He is one of the most fiercely loyal people I know. For example... my dad went to BYU... but I chose to attend the University of Utah (they are BIG rivals, if you didn't know). How did my dad respond? He put on a Utah hat and cheered for the Utes from then on... even when his daughter isn't there to watch with him.
-He is selfless and incredibly humble. I was recently talking to him about a good thing that happened to him at work... something that HE made happen. I told him it must have made him feel pretty good to which he replied "Well, it made my boss look good and hopefully that made her feel good for hiring me." Seriously, Dad, you are a rockstar... even when you don't admit it.
- He is so thoughtful. From time to time my dad used to send me songs, via iTunes, that reminded him of me. One ended up becoming the song we danced to at my wedding (If you haven't heard "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts... look it up.) This is just ONE small example of the countless sweet things he has done for me.
-He taught me to love soccer. The U.S. may be a bit behind on figuring out that soccer is the best sport ever invented... but my dad seems to have figured this one out. Thank goodness!

Never have I ever doubted his love and support.For that I am so grateful.

So, here's to you, Papa. 
Feliz cumpleaños, señor.
Te amo por todos los días y todas las noches.

[Much Love]


No comments:

Post a Comment