Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Monday's musings: Procrastination

(Photobooth: what fills my time while I procrastinate)

I have a problem. I am the world's biggest procrastinator... That may sound like some joke, but it's not. I procrastinate all too often. I push things off until I no longer can. I end up living on nothing but pure adrenaline until whatever I didn't do earlier is done. I have pulled all-nighters more times than I can count. I have likely taken years off my life (between the sheer stress and lack of sleep) in the process. So, my question is... WHY? Why do I keep putting off till tomorrow that which should be done today? I have every intention of getting it all done, but end up wasting hours in the getting ready stage, the preparation stage. It is so hard for me to get to the progress stage and when I do, it lasts no longer than a few hours at a time. It's frustrating, really. I have, somehow, trained my brain to disobey when it comes to this. And now, I have to retrain it. Its hard. Really really hard. And it hurts. But I have to... my college degree depends on it. Game on.

[Much Love]

2 comments:

  1. oh yay! yay for blogs and cousins and definately yay for procrastinating:) any luck choosing a hobby yet? My hubby and i had the same conversation a while back. I realized that my passion wasn't a normal hobby. My passion is teaching. Instead of painting or singing or running I chose to fill my time teaching preschool, teaching piano lessons, and teaching primary. wa la. joy. look outside the box if your passion doesnt seem obvious to you:) although I recently started running too, sooner or later we all have to give in:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabrina!
    No luck choosing a hobby yet... haha still working on it. Although, my thesis has really gotten in the way of discovery time. Guess that is what the school break is for. :) Good advice on looking outside the box... I feel like I get so stuck looking at other people's hobbies and trying those. Your kiddos are so cute!

    ReplyDelete