Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday's musings: Relocation edition

I started this blog in Arkansas...
But now, I find myself in Tennessee.

As a little kid, you think about all the perks of growing up:
-staying up late
-eating dessert before dinner
-going wherever you want, whenever you want
-etc.
Basically, you can't wait until you are in charge.
BUT.
What you fail to recognize as a kid is that things are never completely under your control.
No.
Lots of things are out of your realm of authority.
We don't always get to decide if we stay or if we go... if people like us or they don't... or the timing of things either.
We just don't.
Which is how we landed here in TN.
Land of Elvis, barbecue, and my favorite sushi restaurant.
This is not where I would chose to be at this point in my life... not geographically or philosophically. 
I don't like being dependent and I do like having my own space. 
But that being said, I'm determined to "bloom where I am planted"... so to speak.
I will choose to be happy, because if nothing else, I at least have control over that. 
[Much Love]



1 comment: